We specialize in treating the following types of allergies:
2. Environmental allergies such as sinus allergies which can present symptoms such as congestion, runny nose, sneezing, sinus infections, shortness of breath, asthma, cough, ear pain, dizziness, throat pain, or eye problems.
3. Digestive allergies. Digestive allergies can be complicated in that it is difficult to pinpoint the specific allergen. The most common food allergies are to: dairy, egg, wheat or gluten, corn, chocolate, and nuts. The LEEP test for food allergies can be useful, but there is some debate as to how accurate the results are.
4. Anaphylactic reactions to specific allergens are severe, life-threatening reactions where often the throat and eyes can swell shut. Other symptoms include: abdominal pain or cramping, difficult breathing, cough, hives, anxiety, dizziness, heart palpitations, or diarrhea. Common anaphylactic substances include peanuts or other nuts, bee or insect stings, medications such as aspirin or sulfa drugs.
Please check out our Resource Page for Allergies as well…
“My son and I had allergies from both food and environmental. We tried over the counter allergy medications and different natural allergy supplements in the past 2 years or so. We were both suffering with skin rashes, runny noses and itchy eyes. We started coming to the Natural Health Center of Austin for treatment after a recommendation from someone. My son and I saw a big improvement of our symptoms.” ~ Sandra O.
Our success rate for treating allergies is very high. We use several tools to both reduce the body’s sensitivity to the allergen and to balance the immune system.
1. NAET (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique) is a method that can actually desensitize your body’s reaction to specific allergens.
2. Acupuncture can help with physical discomfort (headaches, stomach pain, etc.) that can arise from allergies.
3. Chinese herbs can help to reduce inflammation, remove bacteria and phlegm from the sinus cavities, and strengthen the immune system.
“I could be the poster child for NHCA. Having been diagnosed at age 5, I have suffred from chronic problems all my life – until now. Western medicine and even other Oriental Medicine practitioners, were only able to offer short-term relief, if any at all. Now I feel there is hope to live a normal life. I’ve even experienced significant relief from problems other than allergic rhinitis and I couldn’t be happier. It was a process and a journey that I am so happy I took. Thank you.” ~ Marian S.