It’s really been a crazy year, yes?
David Bowie and Prince are gone…
The Olympics came and went…
I like the holidays because it’s (well, it should be) a quiet time of year. You take some extra days off work. It’s too cold to be outside (unless you’re in Austin on one of our 70 degree winter days!) and all the stores are closed.
I think it’s always a good idea to give yourself a Christmas gift (or five;) as well.
Here’s my list of what I want you to give yourself this year.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS, MY TRUE LOVE (MYSELF) GAVE TO ME…
- Remembering to breathe deeply often.
- Love yourself just the way you are.
- Allow yourself to invest in you: your health, your education, and your interests.
- Have more experiences and adventures.
- Take time to read a book.
- Sleep. Lots of it.
- A warm cup of tea.
- Do what you want to do.
- Say what you want to say.
- Move your body every day.
- Take time to cook healthy food.
- Thank yourself for doing such a good job! Seriously, you should list out at least 3 things in the comments below that you accomplished this year. Pat yourself on the back.