Your body constantly communicates with you, it’s just a matter of listening to what he or she has to say. She tells you what she wants to eat to stay fit and slim, she tells you how to handle situations, and even whether or not to bring an umbrella when you leave the house. Her voice is very quiet, though, and often gets drowned out by the “logical mind.” Logic is loud and brash. Intuition is quiet and unassuming. She’s the quiet voice saying “this relationship is just not working for me,” or “I really want to go out for a night on the town tonight,” or “remember to pack a sweater on your trip.”
I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I have heard her voice and been like, “Nah… I don’t think I need to do that…” Only to be proven wrong. “Dang! Why didn’t I listen? I KNEW I should have packed a sweater!”
That voice can be little things like what to eat for dinner, or big things like what to do for a living.
When we ignore this voice, we pay the price every time. Sometimes, chronic pain is due to an ignored urge that your unconscious is “dying” to express. Listen up!
Here are some possible examples:
- Jaw pain / clenching / TMJ: Are you “biting” back your words? Is there something you want to tell someone but just don’t have the guts?
- Back pain: Is something or someone “breaking” your back?
- Shoulder tension: Do you feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders? Do you feel like no one is helping you? (hint: there are people willing to help, you just have to ask for it)
- Foot pain: Is there something or someone you can’t “stand”?
- Neck pain: Literally, a “pain in the neck” – does this bring anyone to mind?
- Menstrual pain: How are you embracing and celebrating your femininity? Is it more of a “pain” than something to enjoy?
- Headaches / eye pain: Can’t stand the sight / smell of (someone / something)?
Can you think of any other examples? Let me know in the comments below if you have experienced any of these!