Foods to Avoid or Restrict:
- This includes fructose (fruit), lactose (dairy), fruit juices, honey, molasses and all sugar-sweetened foods
- Does not include Stevia and Stevioside (i.e. Truvia) — these are ok
2. SIMPLE CARBOHYDRATES
- Flour, especially wheat or anything “white” (this includes breads, pasta, pastries, tortillas, etc.)
- White rice
- Potatoes, especially fried (baked or boiled red small potatoes and sweet potatoes in small quantities are ok)
3. PROCESSED FOODS
- Iodized salt
- Bacon, ham, or other meats processed with preservatives
- Frozen foods
- Food colors
- Anything you can’t pronounce (usually a sign it’s a food additive and is not properly digested as nutrition)
4. FUNGUS, FERMENTED DRINKS OR PRODUCTS
- Soy sauce
- Pickled and preserved foods
Foods to Incorporate More of:
1. Fresh Green Vegetables, Fish, Meat, Fowl
- Go Organic! – Non-organics may include antibiotics, growth hormones, etc.
- Plenty of cruciferous veggies: broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage
- Tofu, tempeh, and seitan are ok. Stay away from soy milk.
- Beans are ok in small quantities.
2. Low Sugar Fruits
- 1-2 pieces of fruit/day, may include apples, oranges, and grapefruit.
- Avoid fruits high in sugar like melons and grapes.
- Lemon or lime squeezed into your water are healing.
3. Whole Grains such as quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, rice (not white), or sprouted grain bread (i.e. Ezekiel)
4. Saturated Fats and Essential Oils
- Flaxseed Oil
- Avocadoes, nuts (esp. almonds), olives and olive oils, canola and other vegetable oils
- Omega-3 oils found in oily fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines
5. Clean, Filtered Water
- May be distilled water or reverse osmosis with trace minerals added back in
6. Healing foods: Garlic, Onion, Seaweed, Sea Salt, plain yogurt or kefir
For more information on what candida is and how to treat it please check out our candida resource page.