Before your first session with us, we do a free evaluation and consultation with you (in person or over the phone) to discuss what’s going on with your health.
Some people come to us with very complex problems, and some people come in feeling fairly healthy and just wanting maintenance care, or a natural way to stay healthy and avoid illness and pain.
No matter your situation, we can offer you something to help you feel more energy, have less stress and pain, and improve your immunity function.
We will recommend some natural and holistic methods to help you feel better as quickly as possible.
Some of the things we may recommend include:
- Acupuncture – acupuncture is the shallow placement of very tiny needles into your body. The needles are placed mostly on your arms and legs, but allow us to treat ALL AREAS of your body. It’s not painful, and most people fall asleep during the treatment. Any person of any age can receive acupuncture. The needles help to realign your nervous system, blood flow, and organ function. We use sterilized needles only once before disposing of them. The acupuncture treatment takes about 30-60 minutes.
- Herbal medicine The botanical medicines we use are grown responsibly and organically. The brands of herbs that we carry (Evergreen and Mediherb) are both noted for their quality and purity standards. We do not use endangered animal-based herbs. The qualified herbalists in our office, licensed through the medical board of Texas, will ensure that your herbal formula is safe for you to take, with little to no side-effects, and is compatible with your current medications.
- Cupping – we use fire cups in our office. The fire is only to remove the oxygen from the glass cup before placing the glass cup on your skin. The fire never touches your skin; only the cool glass! Cupping is like acupressure that pulls out instead of pushing in. It is mainly used on your back and shoulders to remove calcium deposits and “knots” from your muscles. The bruised looking marks afterwards fade after about 1 week. The marks are not bruises, but the toxins and dead blood cells leaving the tissue.
- NAET is a gentle, non-invasive way to change how your body responds to allergens. It is safe and effective for people of all ages, even babies, and body types, even pregnant women. It usually takes about 10-20 treatments to get rid of most environmental, food, or chemical allergies. NAET can be done with or without needles.
- Nutrition – our nutrition program is based on traditional diets — how people have been eating for thousands of years. Back then, obesity and diabetes were rare. Most people had very strong, healthy teeth. The things that have changed? There are many foods people ate back then that we rarely eat (like bone, seaweed, and organ meats), and we are eating things now (like processed foods and sugary drinks) that people didn’t have back then. We can help you determine simple changes to make in your dietary habits that can make a lasting change in your body. Also, we can find out what micro-nutrients your body may be lacking, and either help you with that with food or with food-based supplements.