The digestive problems we treat include: constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), food allergies or sensitivities, heartburn, acid reflux (GERD), low or large appetite, vomiting, bad breath, TMJ, abdominal pain or cramping, colitis, ulcer, Chron’s, celiac, and hemorrhoid. We can even address Gall Bladder problems, such as stones.
In Chinese medicine, the Spleen and Stomach organs and to some extent, the Large and Small Intestines and Gall Bladder govern over digestive function. There are many types of imbalances that can occur:
- too much cold food or drinks can injure the Spleen and cause restricted blood flow, cramping, or pain.
- too much spicy or fried foods can injure the Gall Bladder and cause over-acid stomach symptoms.
- food sensitivities can often go undiagnosed and cause all sorts of problems. The most common undiagnosed food sensitivities we find are to gluten and dairy.
- many people have the problem that their digestive tract is underacid. This will cause fermentation in the stomach leading to acid reflux. We treat this with natural supplements.
- emotional strain can affect the blood circulation to the digestive organs.
- parasites are more common than people realize and can cause digestive problems and fatigue for years.
Once we determine from your pulse diagnosis what may be causing the problem, we will decide the best method for treatment of your condition. The treatments we recommend may include:
- Herbal medicines
- Nutritional supplements such as enzymes or probiotics
- NAET to eliminate any potential or known food sensitivities
- Acupuncture to relieve pain and cramping
“I’ve been going to the Natural Health Center (NHC) since late December (2009) and have been receiving acupuncture and NAET (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique) treatments for my Chron’s Disease. To say that the treatments I have received from them helped me would be an understatement. I have been hospitalized multiple times for my condition and was in constant, severe pain before I decided to go the the NHC for treatment. Now the pain is less intense and very infrequent if not rare. I can’t even remember the last time I have felt this good. I’ve had a wonderful experience with the treatments and also the people who work there. Nicole, Melissa, Kim and Sarah are all friendly, care for their patients and they are truly there to make you better. I can’t say enough great things about these ladies. No matter how severe or minor you believe your symptoms or pains may be, I highly suggest the NHC.”
“I have been dealing with Digestive problems and PTSD . My primary care physician(s) had me try multiple supplements with no success. Then after being sent to numerous specialists, I went through a number of prescription drugs also with no success. After 10 years of no improvement in my condition, I decided to try acupuncture therapy. I knew this was the place for me. I would estimate a 95% improvement with acupuncture treatments combined with the herbs. For the first time in nearly 10 years I am no longer bothered by any of my symptoms. I recommend the Natural Health Canter of Austin to everyone I know or meet.